22 November 2018, with the blessing of the rector of the Moscow theological Academy Archbishop Vereysky Ambrose in the Large auditorium of the MDA will host an exhibition of children’s mosaics and a concert of classical music “for the glory”, the press service of the MDA.
Cultural and educational project “Not in the name of glory” dedicated to the Anniversary year 1030 anniversary of the Baptism of Russia and timed to the day of the Cathedral of the Archangel Michael and the other Heavenly bodiless powers.
The organizers of the Moscow theological Academy, Children’s mosaic school and the Creative Association “League of music”.
Cultural and educational project “NOT for GLORY”:
exhibition of mosaic works and a concert of classical music dedicated to the spiritual and the heroic feat of the Russian soldier
The feat is in battle,
The feat is also in the fight.
The highest feat in patience
Love and supplication.
Date: 22 November (Thursday), 17:00
Location:the Great hall at the Moscow theological Academy (Moscow region, Sergiev Posad, Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra)
Admission is free
At the exhibition you will see paintings and monumental mosaic of students from the school mosaic “he gives praise to God the Psalmist king David,” “the Baptism of Rus Prince Vladimir”, “Russian army led by the Holy pious Prince Alexander Nevsky”. All artwork made by children from 5 to 14 years under the leadership of deacon Dimitry Kotov. Children’s mosaic school celebrates this year its 20th anniversary.
In the presentation and the opening of the exhibition will take part:
- Head of Icon painting school, associate Professor of the Moscow theological Academy, Archimandrite Luke (Golovkov)
- Abbess Nikolo-Solunskogo monastery Erotica (Crap) and chorus of girls-pupils “Salba”
- The mother superior of Serafimo-Znamensky skete of the innocent (Popov)
- People’s artist of Russia, Professor MGUP named after Ivan Fedorov Boris Abramovich Diodorov
- Professor of msupe, head of the laboratory of psychological problems of artistic development PI RAO, doctor of psychology. Sciences Alexander A. Melik-Pashaev
- Senior researcher at the faculty of psychology of Moscow state University. M. V. Lomonosov, head of the Center for music and dance development”, Heptachor” to them. S. D. Rudneva, PhD. the course of studies. Sciences Aida Malikova Ailamazyan
The music program for your attention will present a Creative Association “the League of music” . You will hear Opera and chamber vocal works of Russian composers: M. Glinka, A. P. Borodin, N.. Rimsky-Korsakov, M. P. Mussorgsky, P. I. Tchaikovsky, S. V. Rakhmaninov, S. Prokofiev, A. G. Novikov, K. V. Molchanov and others In the concert will involve laureates of international contests:
- Love Molina (contralto), soloist of the Opera Centre of Galina Vishnevskaya, the soloist GBUK “Mosconcert”
- Nikolay Efremov (baritone), soloist of the Opera theatre of the Moscow Conservatory named after P. I. Tchaikovsky, invited soloist of the Bolshoi theatre of Russia
- Dmitry Pochapsky (bass), soloist of the Moscow state academic children’s musical theatre named N.. Sats, invited soloist of the Bolshoi theatre of Russia
- Inna AKULININA (domra), soloist of the Russian band “Master of Russia” under the direction of Valery Petrov
- Valery Petrov (piano), associate Professor of the Russian Academy of music Gnesin
The concert – Elena Vorobiev , researcher of the Department of cultural and educational programs of the State Museum of L. N. Tolstoy.
* * *
Education genuine love of country, interest in the history of his country excites and unites pastors and people in the arts. High culture helps to find a path to the heart and mind of man.
The voice of the Russian Orthodox Church in the most difficult and crucial periods of our history were often decisive in determining the choice of the path. Remember the lives of the saints: Alexander Nevsky, St. Sergius of Radonezh, the warrior monks of Andrew Alexander Peresvet and Oslabya, Admiral Fyodor Ushakov.
Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra, called “the spiritual capital of Russia”, represents the soul of the Russian Orthodox people. As future pastors, students of Theological Academy and Seminary, absorbed all the best that has been accumulated over many centuries in the spiritual and cultural Treasury of our country, are called upon to bear this knowledge in your offices.
We thank his Eminence Ambrose , Archbishop of verey, vicar of the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia, rector of the Moscow theological Academy for having given us the honour and confidence, as well as head of the Regent school of MDA, Abbot of Lazarus (Nativa) and the head of the Museum of MDA, Anton Sergeyevich Novikov for their help in the organization of the project “Not in the name of glory.”