The Department of urban property of Moscow issued an order dated may 28, 2018 No. 16843 on transfer of property of the Russian Orthodox Church of the nine buildings included in the ensemble conception stauropegic women’s convent (Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2), according to patriarhiei.
The addresses to which these buildings are located: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky per., 2, bld. 1, 3-6, 13, 16, 18, 19.
Was transferred to the following buildings:
1) conception convent of the city of Moscow known since the end of the XVI century. The oldest Church of the monastery preserved to our time, is the gate Church of the merciful Saviour, built in 1696 on the funds of the Royal steward, A. L. Rimsky-Korsakov. Present address: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2, p. 19.
In the years 1723-1724 in accordance with the Decree of the Holy Synod of the Church outside the fence was added to the new stairs and porch for parishioners. In the future, the temple has undergone repeated changes: changed the location of the ladder was attached to the South ambulatory, later arcade on three sides were glassed, built a new porch, restored the roof with a cupola, has been updated several times internal painting. In 1812, the temple was seriously damaged but was restored and consecrated again in 1816.
In 1926 the Church was closed, the building was used for housing, warehouse and workshop garage Academy of Sciences. In 1957 was started the restoration work, which ended in the 1970s, the building housed the restoration workshops. In 1993 the Church was returned to believers, the revival of monastic life. Resumed the process of restoration, which was completed in 2008. In 2013 installed a new iconostasis.
2) Rectory built in the late XVII century. Present address: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2, p. 18. In 1752, the building was damaged by fire but was restored. In 40-ies of the XIX century the building was reconstructed.
3) North of the nursing building was constructed in the first quarter of the XIX century, in 1887, built the second floor. Address: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2, p. 1. At the end of XIX — the mid XX century was reconstructed several times, the entrance was laid a few openings on the North facade, eliminated through pass in the hallway, installed new partitions between the rooms.
4) Wooden nursing cell. Built in the first half of the nineteenth century. Present address: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2, p. 4.
5) In the first third of the XIX century, built the old refectory building. Present address: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2, p. 16. In 1844 the building was overbuilt with the second floor, in the second half of the nineteenth century added additional capacity in the West.
6) southern building built in the 1830-ies. Present address: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2, p. 6. Since 1902 was used for household needs.
7) Odnoprestolny domed temple in honor of the Descent of the Holy spirit built in the years 1846-1850 by the architect M. D. Bykovsky. Present address: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2, p. 13. In 1881 the Northern facade was attached to a wooden body. At the end of the XIX century was made of stone outbuilding. In the late 1920-ies the Church was closed.
8) In 1909 by the architect D. N. Chichagov built a new refectory building. Present address: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2, p. 5.
9) the construction of the North-Eastern building of the cells dates from the nineteenth century, a more exact time of construction is unknown. Present address: Moscow, 2nd Zachatevsky lane, d. 2, p. 3.
The buildings are part of the object of cultural heritage of Federal value “ensemble of the Zachatevsky monastery, XVII, XIX centuries”.