Vicar of Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra announced the upcoming against the monastery provocations

    

The address of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra continue to receive threats. This was announced by the Governor of the Uspenska kiyevo-Pechersky monastery the Metropolitan Vyshgorodsky and Chernobyl Paul, in his address, published on 18 September 2018 on the YouTube channel of the monastery.

“Now, threats that on October 14, on the Cover, will be re-grips shrines — the so-called “Moscow center.” Why “Moscow” and not “of Christ”? Do we have here? We are here to preach Christ crucified and risen from the dead, and urge everyone to be Christians — not according to the letter, but in life,” said the superior of the monastery.

Metropolitan Pavel stressed that the clergy of the monastery do not do politics, do not incite people to rise up against each other, and pray “Oh my God protected country Ukraine, its authorities and the army,” according to patriarhiei.

“Let us do evil, to act with malicious intent, as it is today collecting signatures in order to some obscure laws to select and return to the state of Kiev-Pechersk Lavra”, — said the Bishop, calling on all to pray for Orthodox shrines.

“We should intensify prayers for our shrines, we need to protect them,” — said Bishop Paul.

Earlier, Chancellor of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church Metropolitan Anthony of Boryspil and Brovary said that “nationalist groups were instructed on 14 October to make provocations in Kyiv-Pechersk and Pochaiv laurels”. Last week on the website of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine appeared the petition with the requirement to deprive the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the monastery, reports the website of the Union of Orthodox journalists.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *