Another teenager came to school with a knife. This time in Moscow. And 6 years ago in the USA 20-year-old Adam Peter Lanza from the small town of sandy hook, shot 20 first graders, 6 teachers and committed suicide. The families of the victims came together and formed the organization Sandy Hook Promise. They seek to prevent further tragedies in schools. “Pravmir” translated the user manual of the organization.
27 wooden angels were installed in front of the school sandy hook after the tragedy
Photo: Huffington Post
- Teen suicide: the desire not to die and to escape from problems?
- Puberty now begins at 9-10 years. What else should parents know
- Kerch. Remember them so
- “You knew them or not – it is a terrible shared our grief,” Kerch said goodbye to the victims of the tragedy
- “In the first five minutes I thought war”. Kerch
People who are willing to hurt yourself or others, there are often common signs and symptoms.
- 80% of teenagers who planned a mass murder at the school, told about his plans before the crime.
- 70% of people who committed suicide, they shared their plans with others and showed some signs.
When you don’t know what exactly to pay attention, it’s easy to miss important signs of the future tragedy, or deem them insignificant. It is important to understand that one warning sign does not mean that a person is planning an act of violence, but, if alarming beacons becomes too much and they are observed for a long time, it may indicate that the person may cause harm to themselves and others.
Learn to see these signs, you have the power to intervene and help the person. Your actions may save a life.
Important warning signs
If you noticed some warning signs, act immediately and decisively. Contact law enforcement, contact with schools and experts in the field of mental health.
Additional warning signs and signals:
Excessive aggression and/or lack of self-control
- The lack of coping mechanisms, anger management or conflict resolution skills;
- Explicit threats of violence in any form;
- The Commission of several offences, especially at a young age (under 10 years);
- Recurrent episodes of impulsive behavior;
- The regular intimidation of others.
Chronic social isolation
- A victim of permanent social exclusion or marginalization;
- The sudden failure of communication and participation in any activity;
- Blaming others for your own failures.
- Carried a weapon to school;
- Bragging about the upcoming attack;
- Offer friends to join the attack;
- Caution friends not to come to school or to the event.
Mental disorders and/or behavioural abnormalities
- Diagnosed or undiagnosed mental illness;
- Significant changes in diet or sleep;
- Deterioration of school work or extra classes;
- The thoughts of murder;
- Significant changes in nature;
- Dramatic changes in appearance;
- Psychological trauma in childhood.
Signs of suicide teen
- Talking about suicide or planning suicide;
- Expresses hopelessness about the future;
- Showing signs of emotional pain or stress;
- Shows warning signals in behavior, particularly when the above signs. Including:
- Negative idols/role models/peer groups;
- Dishonesty, denial, social norms, and hostility to the law;
- Lack of discipline, repeated failure to comply with the rules;
- Serious damage to possessions/property;
- Intolerance of different people, bias;
- The use of drugs and alcohol abuse.
Translation from English: Eleanor Bagrina