- Chants for the feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos
- The assumption is a celebration of life
- Assumption Of The Virgin. Can there be a death holiday?
- The transformation of death at the assumption
- Assumption vs death
What do you know about the feast of the Dormition of the Mother of God? Test yourself!
1. From what source do we know about the Dormition of the Mother of God?
of the SYNOPTIC Gospels
the gospel of John
from the Acts of the apostles
from the Apocrypha
2. When the Church began to celebrate this event?
immediately after the blessed repose of the virgin Mary
in the II century
in the V century
in the tenth century
3. Where there are the relics of the blessed virgin Mary?
in Gethsemane, at the tomb of the virgin
they don’t exist
4. What does the word “assumption”?
5. That is now in place of the Dormition of the Mother of God?
the Orthodox Church
the Catholic Church
access to this location is closed
6. What is the baby depicted on the hands of Christ in the icon of the feast?
the soul of the virgin
the soul of a baby who will be born in the world
7. One of parimi read at Vespers of the assumption, the prophecy of Ezekiel.
Taco saith the Lord: it will be from the bottom of omaga and so do the priests of Atari your burnt offerings, and will receive you, saith Adonai the Lord. And pay me on the path of the gate of the Holy external, ripening in the East, and were shut up. And the Lord said unto me: this gate will be shut, and will not otvertetsya, and no one will squeze them, as the Lord God of Israel held by them, and will shut up. Thou the Abbot shall sit in it to carry the bread, on the way Alaska enter into the gate, and along the way it would issue. And bring me towards the gates of Holy things to the North, directly to the temple: and widen, and lo fulfill the glory of the temple of the Lord.
What there is a speech?
the Resurrection of Christ as the earnest of the resurrection of all Orthodox Christians
about presentaste of the Mother of God
regarding the Dormition and the assumption into Heaven of the blessed virgin Mary
about the importance of worship in the holidays
8. As they called the heretics, who considered the mother of God the Third Person of the blessed Trinity and denied Her physical death?
historically, such a heresy was not, this is a personal delusion of the illiterate parishioners
9. Which of these famous monasteries Uspensky?
Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, the Optina monastery, Pskovo-Pechersky monastery
Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, Pochaiv monastery, Danilov monastery
The Pskovo-Pechersk, Iosifo-Volotsky and Tver Otroch monasteries
Novodevichy and Diveyevo monasteries, Pochayiv Lavra
10. The occurrence of any of these Chenopodiaceae associated with the Dormition of the Mother of God?
the rite of Panagia