5 September 2018 in the historic Moscow diocesan house, now main building of St. Tikhon’s Orthodox humanitarian University (pstgu), will be held in the Church scholarly conference devoted to 100-anniversary of the martyrdom of the Holy Martyr John Vostorgov and the beginning of the red terror in Moscow, reports patriarhiei.
The initiator of the conference was the Commission on the study of the feat of new martyrs and Confessors, and to perpetuate the memory of deceased priests of the Moscow diocese, under the chairmanship of Archpriest Kirill, the Kaleds.
At the conference reports were delivered by professors of St. Tikhon’s University and invited experts:
- A. B. Efimov (pstgu) — “a Brief overview of the missionary service of the Holy Martyr John Vostorgov”;
- N. Yu. Sukhova (pstgu) — “serving the Word of God of the Holy Martyr John Vostorgov”;
- S. V. Leonov (Moscow state pedagogical University) — “the Beginning of the red terror in Soviet Russia and the Orthodox Church”;
- I. N. Smolyakova (pstgu) — “the question about the reasons for the arrest of Archpriest John Vostorgov”;
- G. V. Anashchenko — “On the rectification of the murder of the martyrs of the Selenga Bishop Ephraim (Kuznetsov) and Archpriest John Vostorgov”.
Before opening the conference, Chairman of the Synodal Department for Church charity and social kuzeniyim of Orekhovo-Zuevo Panteleimon will celebrate the divine Liturgy. The meeting of the Lord 9: 00.
Admission is free. Beginning at 15.00. Address: Moscow, Likhov lane., D. 6.