In 1820 a Russian expedition of Faddey Bellingshausen and Mikhail Lazarev on the sloops “Vostok” and “Mirny” made the great discovery. They discovered a new continent very remote from Russia – Antarctica. Remember the Russian explorers and prominent foreign travelers related to the history of our country. Do we know what the modern explorers? Check yourself!
- Prayer in Antarctica (VIDEO)
- Russian Arctic: the coldest diocese
- Opening of Antarctica – what was it like?
- Fedor Konyukhov: On earth there is no loneliness
- Antarctica Orthodox. Stories and photos of polar deacon
1. This monk was called the Columbus of the East. In 1235 he began the great journey. Went along the Kuban region, visited the country of the Alans and made up of great Bulgaria. Passed the Mordovian land, visited dozens of Russian cities, passed the Carpathian mountains.
Muscarella de Gisolfi
Giovanni Of Montecorvino
Daniel The Pilgrim
2. “”And the stallion will give a thousand gold ladies, become only in our Mohammedan faith; and will not be in our faith, and the stallion will take, and a thousand gold on your head will take” — and the term was given 4 days gospodjinci Spasov on the day. But the Lord God has mercy on Your honest holiday, not taken away from me, a sinner, His mercy, had not commanded to die in Chanere the wicked; on the eve Spasova days came Magmet Heroines; I went to him with a petition, to solicit of me, and he went to the Khan and otbrosy me that his faith did not pay me and my horse at the Khan took. This is a miracle of the Lord at Spasov day!”
Who among Russian travelers so emotionally reminisced about their adventures?
3. Columba rossky, defying gloomy fate,
Between the ice a new path opens to the East,
And our will dosage to America power. –
Wrote Mikhail Vasilyevich Lomonosov. What did he mean by that?
Research Chariton Prokopovich and Dmitry Yakovlevich Laptev
The Expedition Of Semyon Dezhnyov
The Expedition Of Vitus Bering
Yerofei Khabarov and his companions
4. Who of the great Russian travelers was the first official Ambassador of Russia in Japan?
Count Nikolai Rezanov
Euthymius Admiral Putyatin
5. Where are the Islands the Russians opened during the expedition of Bellingshausen and Lazarev?
In the Atlantic ocean off the coast of Antarctica
In the Pacific ocean, in Polynesia
In the sea of Japan
In the Aegean sea
6. Known saying of the Emperor Nicholas I: “Where once raised the Russian flag, where it should not go down”. And for what reason was that?
The development of New land
Nikolay Muravyov-Amursky signed a lucrative the Treaty of Aigun with China
Captain Gennady Nevelskoy founded at the mouth of the Amur, Mykolaiv post
Petr Petrovich Semenov reached Tien-Shan
7. What accomplishment had nothing Nikolai Mikhailovich Przhevalsky?
Russian polar expedition of Eduard toll
Journey to the Ussuri region, 1867
Expedition to the Tibetan plateau and in Karakol
The opening of the mountain system of the Kuen-LUN
8. In what feature film tells about the heroism of Soviet polar explorers, pilots and sailors, saved expedition of Nobile in the ice?
“The red tent”
“The Antarctic story”
9. In Antarctica, on the island of Waterloo operates the Orthodox Church – the Patriarchal metochion of the Trinity-Sergius Lavra. What kind of temple?
Church Of The Holy Trinity
The Church of St. Basil the Great
The Church of St. Michael the Archangel
Church Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary
10. He was born in Zaporizhia, was a member of the Union of artists of the USSR. He became the first Russian man to walk on the seven peaks of the six continents and the North and South pole. And then, after dozens of dangerous travel, was ordained to the priesthood.