7 November 2018 Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia Kirill took part in the plenary session of the all-Russian Congress of teachers of Russian literature held in Lomonosov building of Moscow state University named after M. V. Lomonosov, reports patriarhiei.
Arrived at the meeting, the Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church at the main entrance of the Lomonosov building of Moscow state University met the Chairman of the organizing Committee of the Congress, the rector of Moscow state University academician V. A. Sadovnichy.
After a brief conversation in the room of the Bureau of his Holiness Patriarch Kirill and Viktor A. Sadovnichy went to the Assembly hall where the session began.
The podium was taken:
- the Chairman of the Society of Russian literature, his Holiness Patriarch Kirill;
- Chairman of the organizing Committee of the all-Russian Congress of teachers of Russian literature, Moscow University rector academician V. A. Sadovnichy;
- the President of the historical faculty of Moscow state University, academician S. P. Karpov.
V. A. Sadovnichy made a keynote report on “the Moscow University and Russian philological tradition”.
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill addressed the participants of the Congress with the word. The Primate of the Russian Church noted that the results of the work of teachers of Russian literature depends largely on the future of the country and proposed the establishment of the award of the Society of Russian literature for teachers of Russian language and literature for outstanding contribution to the education of the nation and the preservation of cultural heritage.
Greeting of the Chairman of the Federation Council of the Russian Federal Assembly V. I. Matvienko was read by the Deputy Chairman of the Committee of Council of Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on science, education and culture I. N. Frost.
With greetings to the participants of the Congress addressed:
- Deputy Minister of education and science of the Russian Federation T. Y. sinugina;
- the winner of the Russian competition “the Teacher of year of Russia-2012”, Director of state budget educational institution of Moscow “School №1520 name Kapovich” V. V. Kirichenko;
- the President of the Association of foreign graduates living in Russia, Executive Director of the International coordinating Council of graduates INCORVUZ chair-XXI, associate Professor of geological faculty of Moscow state University Gabriel Anicet Kochofa.
All-Russian Congress of teachers of Russian literature in Moscow state University on 7-9 November 2018. The discussion will include the Philology relevant to the public issues: the formation of reading culture and moral and Patriotic education of modern schoolchildren, professional portrait of the modern teacher, e-learning and distance educational technologies in teaching Russian language and literature, the role of classical universities in the training of teachers of literature.
All-Russian Congress gathered over a thousand delegates from 73 regions of Russia and also from Belarus, Kazakhstan, Romania and China. The Congress is attended by members of the Society of Russian literature, school teachers and University professors, employees of libraries, museums and publishing houses, writers, students of the philological faculty of Moscow state University.