Liturgy in Holy cross monastery in Poltava region
At Holy cross monastery in Poltava region held celebrations in honor of the locally venerated icons of the Theotokos “the Hope of all the ends of the earth”.
November 6, 2018 to celebrate the mother of God “the Hope of all the ends of the earth”, the Metropolitan Poltava and Mirgorod Philip celebrated the divine Liturgy in the Poltava Krestovozdvizhensky female monastery, which houses the Shrine. This reports the press service of Poltava diocese.
Bishop Philip has served Secretary of the Poltava eparchy Archpriest Michael Voloschuk, the Dean of the Poltava city district Archpriest John Kornienko, as well as the clergy of the monastery. On the day in the monastery came a multitude of the faithful.
During the Liturgy the clergy and faithful prayed for the gift of peace to Ukraine.
The icon of the Mother of God “the Hope of all the ends of the earth” in the 19th century created a monk of Holy cross monastery Daniel Moskovchenko, who wrote the way colors on the wall, the plaster. According to legend, he wrote the icon remained inseparable from the wall. In 1923 Holy cross monastery was closed. The bell tower and the monastery destroyed, with the icon of the Mother of God knocked up bricks.
There is only one image list icon, which was the cell of the Martyr Basil (Zelentsov), Bishop of Priluki.
This list is especially revered pious Poltava. After the revival in the early 1980-ies of the Holy cross monastery, the icon, at the request of the nuns of the monastery were transferred to the monastery Church of St. Simeon the God-receiver.