27 July 2018 at the Presidential library held a solemn opening of the exhibition “Keep the Orthodox faith. The history of Church museums. To 1030 anniversary of the baptism of Russia”, reports the website of the library. The exposition in the historical building of the Holy Synod will talk about how for centuries collected and preserved religious relics, why is there a need for the establishment of the first Church museums.
At the exhibition visitors will be able to see objects XVIII–XIX centuries from the Museum-archive of the Alexander Nevsky monastery and Smolny Cathedral sacristy. Among them – the details of the Bishop’s vestments, the corporal (boards with sewn in his relics) in the second half of the eighteenth century, icons, rare archival documents, and books. Monographs, periodicals and catalogs Church of the XIX-th century will allow viewers to see the history of the Church museums archive their collections, and destiny. Also the exhibition will feature unique photos of photographer of the Imperial Academy of arts recognized master of Russian architectural photography I. F. Barshchevsky and pioneer of Russian color photography S. M. Prokudin-Gorsky.
Partners of the exhibition: Museum archives of the Alexander Nevsky Lavra, Cathedral of the Resurrection (Smolny Cathedral) St. Petersburg, library of the St.-Petersburg Spiritual Academy of the Russian Orthodox Church, the scientific library named after M. Gorky St. Petersburg state University.
The exhibition “Keep the Orthodox faith. The history of Church museums. To 1030 anniversary of the baptism of Russia” will last till September 20, 2018. To visit the exhibition, please pre-register by calling (812) 334-25-14 or send an email to: [email protected].
The preservation of cultural and historical heritage is one of the key activities of the Presidential library, which is located in the building of the Holy Synod in St. Petersburg. A constantly growing digital collection of the library includes a large number of materials about the Russian Orthodox Church, forming a thematic collection. For example, on the portal you can see the compilation “history of the Russian Orthodox Church”, which includes fundamental works of important Church leaders and Church historians; in the collection, “Orthodox Russia. Monasteries and icons” presents the materials of XIX – beginning of XX centuries, describing the history of some Orthodox monasteries, particularly revered icons.
Accreditation for media representatives is until 15:00 on 26 July 2018.
Applications for accreditation should be sent on the attached form marked “media Accreditation” to the email addresses: [email protected], [email protected] Alexander Khudyakov, phone: (812) 305-16-21, EXT. 167; mob.: +7 981 788-28-08.
The letter must specify the name, date and place of birth, passport data (series, number, place of registration), the list pranesimai equipment, contact numbers, name of the media outlet.
Please note that the entrance to the Presidential library is available only upon prior request and subject to availability passports: the participants and guests of the event through the entrance № 1, representatives of the media – through the entrance № 2.