The blessing of the Patriarchal vicar of the Moscow diocese of the Metropolitan of Krutitsy and Kolomna Yuvenaly in response to a letter from the head of the Vologda Archdiocese, Metropolitan of Vologda and Kirillov Ignaty of Lugetskiy Bogoroditserozhdestvenskoy monastery in Mozhaisk to re-open the Ferapontov monastery will be transferred part of the relics of St. Ferapont Belozero, Mozhaisk, Lugetskiy the Wonderworker, reports the Synodal Department for monasteries and monasticism.
Masters in Spaso-Prilutsky monastery will produce an ark for the Holy relics of Vologda.
The monk Ferapont, a disciple of venerable. Sergius of Radonezh, is the founder of three famous Russian monasteries, two of which became the decoration of Vologda region:
- together with the monk Kirill Belozersky in 1397 he founded the Kirillo-Belozersky monastery of the assumption;
- St. Ferapont Nativity of the Theotokos monastery in 1398;
- Bogoroditserozhdestvenskoy Luzhetsky Ferapontov monastery at the request of Prince Andrey of Mozhaisk in 1408.
The monk Ferapont, the first Archimandrite of the monastery Lugetskiy, having lived ninety-five years, died in 1426 and was buried in the monastery.
In 1547 was canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church.
At the meeting of the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church, held October 15, 2018, in Minsk, was considered the opening of a number of monasteries.
In connection with the request of the Metropolitan of Vologda and Kirillov Ignaty, a decision was made about the opening of the Nativity of Ferapontov monastery Ferapontov village of Kirillov district, Vologda region, and appointment to the post of Abbot of the monastery hieromonk Ioasaf (Vishnyakov).
In the course held on 16-17 June 2018 primatial visit to Vologda the Metropolitan, Patriarch Kirill visited the historic Ferapontov monastery.
Answering a journalist’s question about the possibility of a revival in these parts full-fledged Church life, the Patriarch stressed: “we should strive to do, and it will certainly happen the other way simply can’t be.” At the same time, the Primate stressed the importance of joint efforts of the Church and cultural institutions to resolve current problems “in the context of a full revival of monastic life in these places.”
“I believe in it and pray and work for this”, – concluded the Patriarch.
In September 2016 within the Vologda Archdiocese of Lugetskiy Bogoroditserozhdestvenskoy monastery in Mozhaisk for worship veruschim brought the icon of St. Ferapont.
Monk Ferapont came to the North from the Moscow Simonov monastery, together with his friend Cyril in search of prayerful solitude. Both were very familiar with venerable Sergius of Radonezh, not once talked with him, prayed together. Guidance of the hegumen of the Russian land, as he recalled the monk Kirill and Ferapont, largely helped them to establish the monastic life.
In 1397 Cyril and Ferapont settled in the dugout at the Siverskoye lake. A year later Ferapont went to live on the shore of another lake – it is now called Borodaevsky. According to legend, the Ferapont fell in love with the beauty of this place. However beautiful a place is not always safe. The life of the Saint tells that the monk is again attacked by robbers; the forests abounded in wild beasts, “because it’s scary, sometimes day and night.” Brave Ferapont’t moved from his chosen place, and gradually gathered around him the brethren. Put a wooden Church and cell, established a monastery on the model of the monastery of the Holy Trinity, founded by Saint Sergius of Radonezh.
Bilozerska land ruled by the great Prince of Belozersk and Mozhaisk Andrei, the son of the commander of St. Demetrius of the don. News of the marvelous monastery in the lands subject to him came to the Grand Duke, and he asked Ferapont to him and asked him to arrange a monastery near the city of Mozhaisk. Ferapont chose a place on the banks of the Moscow river, a few resembled he left in the North woods, the monastery, the dear Reverend. In 1408 the Church near Mozhaysk sanctified in the same way as the Cathedral of Belozersk monastery, in honour of the Nativity of the blessed virgin. Later the monastery became known as Luzecky, because around him was a vast meadow.
In Logicom Mozhaisk monastery monk Ferapont lived until 1426, when he died in 90-m to year of birth. Buried the founder of a monastery at the Church of the Nativity. In 1547 was canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church.
Founded by Ferapont monastery on Borodaevsky lake is known around the world: there are preserved paintings of the great painter of Ancient Russia Dionysius. “Marvel in the Russian wilderness!” – the so-called Ferapontov monastery the poet Nikolay Rubtsov.
Now in all the monasteries founded by Ferapont, revived the monastic life.