23 September 2018, the commemoration day of St. Joasaph Kamensky, the reliquary of the Saint was taken in procession on water in an ancient monastery in the Vologda Archdiocese — Spaso-Stone Transfiguration monastery, according to patriarhiei.
In early October of 2017 the decision of the Holy Synod (journal No. 96) on Stone island in the Kubensky the island was discovered the Saviour-Stone monastery, to the position of Abbot of the monastery was appointed hegumen Dionisy (Vozdvizhensky). The monastery was founded in the mid-thirteenth century, closed and destroyed in the early XX century.
In the commemoration day of St. Joasaph, Metropolitan of Vologda and Kirillov Ignaty and the ruling bishops of the dioceses of Vologda, the Metropolitan Bishop of Cherepovets and Belozersk Flavian and Bishop of Totma and Veliky Tarasius, accompanied by the clergy, monastics and faithful of the Vologda region was taken by boat the ark with the relics from the village of Ustia in the newfound island monastery.
The ark with the relics was moved from the boat to shore, the Abbot of the monastery hegumen Dionisy hieromonk Alexander (Korablev) made a reliquary in the Church of the Dormition of the restored bell tower.
The relics of the revered Saint of Vologda were installed on the destined place. The head of the Vologda Archdiocese Bishop Flavian of Cherepovets and Veliky Tarasius Bishop in concelebration of priests of the Vologda Archdiocese, celebrated the divine Liturgy. It was the first in the long history of the monastery, the Liturgy, Catholic bishops perfect.
The divine Liturgy was a prayer about the unity of Orthodoxy.
The liturgical chants were performed by the choir of the Cathedral of the Spaso-Prilutsky monastery under the direction of A. Ovodova and choir of St. Petersburg Conservatory under the direction of T. Shvets.
In the altar of the Lord, Ignatius read a prayer for peace and overcoming the internecine warfare in the Ukraine.
Sermon before the communion of the said brethren of the Sretensky Stavropegial monastery in Moscow Archimandrite Cyprian (parts).
After the service, Metropolitan Ignatius in his speech stressed that prisutstvuyuschie are witnessing a historic event — the monk Joasaph their honorable relics for the second time returned to his abode.
Metropolitan Ignatius also noted ascetic works of A. N. Pligina on restoration of Spaso-Kamenny monastery, who came to Save, when there was nothing but ruins. After his death, the revival of Spaso-Kamenny monastery was continued by the widow and children of A. N. Pligina, as well as their assistants.
The Archbishop was awarded philanthropist of the Spaso-Kamenny monastery A. N. Skvortsova diocesan medal of St. Dimitri Prilutsky III.
The opening speeches were also addressed by Bishop Flavian and Bishop, Tarasius. Metropolitan Ignatius was greeted by the Abbot of the monastery Dionysius.
Then Bishop Ignatius visited the grave of A. N. Pligin and prayed for the repose of the soul of man, returned to the life of the ancient cloister.
* * *
Spaso-Stone Transfiguration monastery — the monastery on the island surrounded by water and impenetrable forests, it was founded 137 years before the Kirillo-Belozersky monastery.
Being in the center of the Northern Thebaid, the monastery developed a lot of devotees of the Christian faith, it is associated with the names of many saints of the Russian Orthodox Church. Many righteous people lived on the island, it was visited by Grand Dukes and Queens.
With the Saviour-Stone monastery connected lives of 11 Russian saints, including such famous as the founder of the monastery of blessed Prince Gleb Vasilkovich, Saint Dionysius of Rostov the Athonite, the monk Alexander Khustsky, Dionysii of glushitsk, Euthymius Syamzhenskiy, parents, the monk Joasaph, Prince Dimitri and Maria.
* * *
The monk Joasaph Kamensky (baptism of Andrew) was born in the XV century in the village Kirkovo near the Sukhona Kubensky lake, where were the towers and chambers of his father, Prince Dimitri Vasilyevich Zaozerskaya.
Parents of the future Saint died when he was a boy. The young Prince decided to retire from the world, spent five years at the Saviour-Stone monastery in the strict fasting, deeds and prayer. He reposed in the Lord on September 23, 1453. A lot of people gathered at the monastery for burial, the sick were healed by touching his coffin.
The local glorification of the monk Joasaph was committed shortly after his righteous death. The relics of the Saint rested in the island of the monastery before the fire in 1774, as a result of which the monastery was abolished, the Holy relics was transferred to Vologda spirit monastery.
At the end of the XIX century, the monastery was revived in 1894, the relics of St. Joasaph were returned to Spaso-Stone.
Before the closing of the monastery in Soviet times, power was transferred to the Vologda Cathedral of the Nativity of the blessed virgin.