15 August 2018, the memorial day of blessed Basil of Moscow, fool-for-Christ, Wonderworker whose name is often called the Cathedral of intercession of Theotokos on the Moat, Moscow will host the annual holiday “Day of the Pokrovsky Cathedral”, according to patriarhiei. The Cathedral was built in 1555-1561 years by order of Tsar Ivan IV the terrible to commemorate the conquest of the Kazan Kingdom.
In a festive day the divine Liturgy at the Cathedral of the intercession will make the first vicar of the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia in Moscow, managing the Central and Southern vicariates Metropolitan Arseny of Istra. Beginning worship at 9: 30.
Every hour from 13.00 to 18.00 at the Pokrovsky Cathedral will be free tours. Also from 13.00 to 19.00 visitors can explore the Museum on their own (tickets will be sold at 50% discount).
During the day, will run art workshops (participation is free):
- 13.00-14.00 — “Drums, pillars and arches”. Master class project “Supremacies” managementit — creation of layouts based on the architecture of the Pokrovsky Cathedral. Participants will learn the simplest and most spectacular methods of work with paper and find out what “paper architecture”;
- 13.30-16.00 — “the Inscriptions of the Pokrovsky Cathedral — calligraphy of the past.” The leaders of the School of historic calligraphy Yuri Koverdyayev and Sannikov will acquaint the participants of the master class with the basics of the art of ancient letters, for example kremastinou “chronicle” Cathedral of the intercession;
- 13.00-17.00 — “Plein air around intercession.” Traditional urban plein air from “Itinerant” to everyone. The workshop will culminate in “an evening plein air future”, the participants of which will represent the views of the surrounding area of the Pokrovsky Cathedral hundreds of years later.
- 13.00-17.00 — “Children’s Art-veranda”. On the territory of the Pokrovsky Cathedral will be deployed Playground. Under the guidance of experienced teachers creativity center “Art-veranda” young creators will paint with watercolors, to represent the image of the Pokrovsky Cathedral in a limited palette of colors and create cartoons-collages;
- 14.30-17.00 — “Icon and”. Trifonovskaya iconographic school will show you how to create an icon on the example of the masterpieces of the Pokrovsky Cathedral. Participants will see a variety of icon-painting techniques, including gilding;
- 16.00-18.00 — “St. Basil’s Cathedral in the forefront.” Visitors to the Museum will collect the bulk structure in the spirit of the famous paintings of the Russian artist Aristarkh Lentulov. Everyone can choose any item of the Pokrovsky Cathedral and paint it, along with the leading of the Project “Supremacies”.
- 16.30-18.00 — “Labels of the future.” The school of calligraphy and lettering U0026 will hold for all comers a master class on calligraphy in the style of old Slavonic cursive with fancy elements “letters to the future”.
At 18.00 in the historic bell tower of the intercession Cathedral in the performance of the bell-ringer of the Moscow Kremlin by I. V. Konovalova sound main types of Orthodox bells. The program “Cathedral bells” will be accompanied by a story about the bell tower and the collection of bells of XVI-XIX centuries.
On August 15-17 in app “Instagram” during the contest “Day of the Pokrovsky Cathedral”. Conditions of participation: to be a follower of the Museum “Pokrovsky Cathedral” and the shop “Peredvizhnik”; take a picture and post on his page on the work done in the Day of intercession Cathedral on 15 August 2018 with the hashtag #ПокровскомуСобору457. The competition results will be published on the pages of the Museum “Pokrovsky Cathedral” and the shop “Peredvizhnik” in Instagram on August 17. Three winners will receive prizes from the organizers.