XV international Orthodox festival “Artos: the mood of Christmas” will be held in Sokolniki from 11 to 17 December. In December, the festival traditionally dedicated to the upcoming feast of Christmas, the family and family values.
The organizers invite to the festival for parents with children for whom prepared a separate program. Children puppet show, sand show and master classes on sand animation, Christmas baking, creating original Christmas decorations and cards.
On the opening day of the festival will be held presentation of new books of the Publishing house of the Moscow Patriarchate. Will be presented to the three books of the series “paths of faith” about Sergey Mikhalkov, Ilya Glazunov and Vitaly Churkin, as well as the audio version of the book Orthodox catechism of Metropolitan Filaret (Drozdov), a joint project of Publishing houses and radio “Faith”.
The 100th anniversary of Alexander Solzhenitsyn on the “Artos” will be held a memorial evening with participation of the historian and expert on the Russian Diaspora Viktor Leonidov and cameraman Vyacheslav Sachkov, concert and screening of the documentary film “last reach”, “the Word.”
The concert of Christmas carols the audience will appreciate the skill of the singers and find out how did Russian and Ukrainian carols. Among the new participants of the festival “Artos” – group “Tibotec”, which is a virtuoso in all genres from art song to jazz and rock, with musical accompaniment on various instruments and “a Cappella”. The ensemble’s repertoire is based on the deep musical traditions and intellectual texts.
To talk about fasting and preparation for Christmas, to ask questions about the spiritual life of the guests at the meetings with the priests. A series of talks and will hold Archpriest Artemy Vladimirov, Protopriest Andrei Tkachev, Archpriest Alexander Tylevich.
Cinema lecture will demonstrate how documentary films about Christmas and the Orthodox elders, and feature films for family viewing, comedic and dramatic.
During the exhibition will be presented works of craftsmen, painters, jewelers, Orthodox books, including gift books for Christmas. The monastery and the farm will offer natural and healthy products. The exhibition will gather 200 participants from Russian regions and also from Greece, Georgia, Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
The festival is free and open to the public.
News of the project, you can follow social networks: facebook.com/artosfest, vk.com/artosfest and also on the website expostavros.ru.
Address of the festival: exhibition and Convention centre Sokolniki, 5th Radiation Prosek, 7, p. 2 – pavilion No. 2 (the m. item “Sokolniki”). From the subway runs a free taxi. Check on vehicles with a 3rd Radiation clearing.
Media accreditation: [email protected], +7 (965) 385-71-17
The program of the festival “Artos”:
- 13:00 Opening of the festival prayer with the ringing of bells
- 14:00 Presentation of the book series of the Publishing house of the Moscow Patriarchate “In the ways of faith” (Ilya Glazunov, Sergei Mikhalkov, Vitali Churkin) and audiobooks Orthodox catechism of Metropolitan Filaret (Drozdov)
- 16.30 Concert of the group “Tibotec” with the program “Songs of December”
- 13:00 Cinearts: serial film “Elders” – Archimandrite John (krestiankin), Archpriest Nikolai Guryanov, Archimandrite Kirill (Pavlov)
- 15:00 the 100th anniversary of Alexander Solzhenitsyn: an evening of remembrance with the participation of historian Viktor Leonidov and cameraman Vyacheslav Sachkov, concert and screening of the documentary film “last reach”, “the Word”
- 14:00 Ilya Drogichin: master-class of bell-ringing
- 15:00 “the hour of the priest.” Meeting with Archpriest Andrei Tkachev
- 17:00 Cinearts: the film “the Nativity” Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk
- 13:00 Cinearts: serial film “Elders”: the monk Gabriel (Organize), St. John of Shanghai
- 15:00 Concert: Archpriest Alexander Starostenko
- 12:00-16:00 workshops for children and adults from the Sisterhood “Forty sorokov”
- 12:00 Cinearts: a film for family viewing “Hurrah! Vacation”
- 13:30 “the hour of the priest.” Meeting with Archpriest Artemy Vladimirov
- 15:30 Sand show “Kaleidoscope of tales”
- 16:10 Master-class of sand animation Catherine Schaeffer
- 12:00-16:00 Master class on the art of painting Christmas gingerbread from Moscow “Museum of the pryanik”
- 13:00 “the hour of the priest.” Archpriest Alexander Tylevich
- 15:00 Puppet theatre “Trunk tales”: a performance of “the Happy Prince” by Oscar Wilde. For children from 4 years and adults
- 16:00 Concert: Christmas carols. Choir “Omophorion” and the vocal ensemble of the Sunday school of the Church of the Holy virgin in the Orekhovo-Borisovo Yuzhnoye
- 17:00 Cinearts: the film “Priest-San. Confessions of a samurai”.