On the cruiser “Aurora” started the ship’s Orthodox Church, abolished in 1917, the press service of the Western military district.
The Church was restored based on archival photographs and drawings. It is located in the Central part of the ship above the skylight. Icons placed on sliding the iconostasis, also have Church utensils and the necessary accessories.
In the Church holidays and weekends on the cruiser will hold services.
Cruiser of the first rank “Aurora” included in the combat composition of the Baltic fleet, built in St. Petersburg in 1903 by the crew of the ship participated in the Russo-Japanese war (1904-1905), First world war (1914-1918), the events of the Civil war and military intervention in Russia (1918-1922 gg.), in the great Patriotic war (1941-1945).