July 15, 2018, after the Liturgy in the temple in honor of the Theodore icon of the Mother of God in monastery of new Martyrs and Confessors of the Russian Church in the city of Alapaevsk, Sverdlovsk region, his Holiness Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia Kirill and the permanent members of the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church is accompanied by Metropolitan Kirill of Yekaterinburg and Verkhoturye and Bishop Kamensky and Alapaevsk Methodius visited the convent in honor of Saint Martyr Grand Duchess Elizaveta Feodorovna in Alapaevsk, reports patriarhiei. The monastery was founded in 1998 on the historic building Outdoor school, where from may 20, 1918, was kept in prison for Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna Romanova and the princes of the Romanovs.
His Holiness was welcomed by abbess of the convent hegumeness Smaragdus (Zykova) and the sisters of the monastery.
The Primate of the Russian Orthodox Church performed the rite of consecration of the newly constructed small temple in honor of the Holy Martyr Elizabeth in the monastery.
The construction of the temple began in 2015. Charitable assistance in the first phase of construction was provided by the Imperial Orthodox Palestinian society. 7 APR 2017 abbess of the monastery was appointed a nun Smaragdus (Zykova). In 2017, the financing of the construction of the temple took the Ural mining and metallurgical company.
In the Liturgy were: Metropolitan of Kiev and all Ukraine Onufry; the Metropolitan of Krutitsy and Kolomna Juvenal; the Metropolitan of Chisinau and all Moldova Vladimir; Metropolitan of Tashkent and Uzbekistan Vikenty, head of Central Asian Metropolitan district; Metropolitan of St. Petersburg and Ladoga Varsonofy, Chancellor of the Moscow Patriarchate; Metropolitan of Minsk and Zaslavl Pavel, Patriarchal Exarch of all Belarus; Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, Chairman of the Department for external Church relations; Metropolitan of Yekaterinburg and Verkhoturye Kirill, Archbishop Sergiy of Solnechnogorsk, head of the Administrative Secretariat of the Moscow Patriarchate; Bishop Kamensky and Alapaevsk Methodius; the Bishop of Nizhny Tagil and Nevyansky Eugene; Bishop Valentin Serov and Krasnoturyinsk Alexis.
The service was attended by Plenipotentiary representative of RF President in the Ural Federal district N. N. Tsukanov, the first Deputy of the Governor of Sverdlovsk region A. V. Orlov.
The liturgical chants were performed by the choir Sredneuralskaya convent, Regent — nun Vera (Poghosyan).
After the Liturgy, hegumeness of an Emerald, greeted the Primate of the Russian Church and presented His Holiness with an akathist to the venerable Elizabeth, published in Alapaevsk.
His Holiness Patriarch Kirill addressed the worshippers with his primatial word:
“Your Beatitude! Your Eminence, venerable Bishop Cyril! Bishop Methodius!
With a very warm feeling I did the consecration of this temple. Thanks to all who labored to create it. Is the Holy land, it was fanned by the presence of our martyrs, Confessors. And here, at Alapaevsk, a lighted candle monastic female presence with which we associate the preservation of piety in the people. Because if monks live according to the commandments of Christ, if they are not only clothed in robes, but live according to Divine commandments, if they are an example, then this example reinforces the belief in all the people who come to the Holy abode. When we call monasteries centres of spiritual life, we mean, first and foremost, a strong, bright, beautiful spiritual life of those who dwell in monasteries. If this life is not, then return not — walls can be beautiful, but people will not receive the spiritual impulse, for which they come to the monastery.
Therefore, I wholeheartedly wish you, mother, all sisters, to grow spiritually, never to neglect prayer, remembering that for monastics prayer is the first and most important work, humbly commit to obedience and to do everything to ensure that, despite your small numbers, strengthened the monastery, to the number of sisters increased. And you need to be sure to do good deeds and, in the first place, to help those girls, mothers who were in difficult circumstances, orphans, widows, those who need support. A convent should be a place, a home for the healing of diseases and wounds of the people living in the world. So I wish you to develop this activity. And then the number of nuns will increase, the Lord will provide everything necessary for the realization of this good cause.”
In Dar novovoznesenka the temple, his Holiness gave the icon of the Mother of God “Adequately is”.
The faithful were presented with icons of the Saviour with a Patriarchal blessing.
Then his Holiness Patriarch Kirill visited the exposition in the Outdoor school. A tour of the Museum for His Holiness was held by the Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Foundation “Elisabeth-sergievskoe educational society”, head of the international centre “Charity in history,” Deputy Chairman of the Imperial Orthodox Palestinian society A. V. Gromov.
The Museum, whose opening was held on July 14, presented the memorial objects connected with the Alapayevsk martyrs. The exhibition tells of fidelity to vows, duty and many years of friendship, of military heroism and charity activity of the representatives of the Romanov dynasty.
The Museum was created with the support of the Russian Orthodox Church, Ministry of culture of the Sverdlovsk region, the Military historical Museum of artillery, engineer and signal corps, the Russian state historical archive, Russian state military historical archive, Russian state archive of audiovisual documents, State archive of the Sverdlovsk region, the Spiritual and educational center “the Tsar” (Ekaterinburg), Museum of wooden architecture “Nizhnyaya Sinyachikha”, Library. Belinsky (Ekaterinburg), the Union of deltiology Russia, private collectors from St. Petersburg, Moscow, Ekaterinburg and Alapaevsk, including A. V. Gromova, K. D. Matlin, A. B. Sirotkina, etc.
To the present day preserved the original appearance and internal layout of the Outdoor school built in 1915. May 20, 1918 in Alapaevsk by special order of the Ural Soviet of deputies was brought to the Grand Dukes, the representatives of the Russian Imperial House: the Grand Duke Sergei Mikhailovich, Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna, the princes of the Imperial blood (sons of Grand Duke Konstantin Konstantinovich) John, Konstantin and Igor, and Prince Vladimir Pavlovich Paley (son of Grand Duke Paul Alexandrovich). The prisoners were placed in the building of the Outdoor school (former parish), located on the outskirts of the city.
On the night of July 18, 1918, under the pretext of moving to a more secure location, “the cottage”, the Alapaevsk prisoners were seated in peasant carts and taken outside the city to an abandoned lower Selim mine (12 miles on the way to the top-Sinyachikhinskiy plant). Prisoners were thrown alive into a deep wet mine they threw grenades and burning brushwood.