The Moscow’s Department issued a permit to conduct research and survey works for restoration of the temple of the Transfiguration in the estate of Bode-Kolycheva 1850-1870-ies, the official website of the Moscow Mayor. The Church — identified object of cultural heritage.
“From the ensemble once known estates Bode-Kolycheva not well preserved buildings. One of the most beautiful buildings in the area, the temple of the Transfiguration. This building, Dating from the early nineteenth century, though, stood in its place of a wooden Church had been known since 1646. The estate had many owners, among whom are such names as Dolgorukovs, Razumovsky and Sollogub. And in the years of Soviet power there was organized the residence of his Holiness Patriarch Alexy I to the leadership of the country gave him a gift for the 75th anniversary. Restorers in the next year, will conduct research and determine how much work will be needed to restore the original appearance of the building”, — said the head of the Department of cultural heritage of Moscow Alexey Emelyanov.
In the course of scientific research experts will find out how strong the supporting structures of the Church which works to be undertaken on the facades and the roof, the condition of the décor and the interiors. All work will be supervised by personnel of the Department of cultural heritage.
The first mention of the Church in the village of Lukino belong to the middle of the XVII century. During the XVII–XVIII centuries there was formed the ensemble of buildings, most of which was destroyed in the Napoleonic invasion. The temple itself was not damaged, though, and was sacked. A new stone building in the classical style with the altars of the apostles Peter and Paul, and Barbara is already built in 1819.
In the XIX century the owners were the members of the family of Bode, descendants of an ancient boyar family Colacevich. The new owners completely rebuilt the mansion, forming her pronounced Russian style.
After the revolution it housed a children’s colony, and then boarding the old Bolsheviks. Most of the buildings were lost. In 1952, the surviving part of the estate passed under the residence of the Patriarch of Moscow and all Rus ‘ — the function it retains to this day.
Near the Church is the cemetery where such cultural figures as Boris Pasternak, Korney Chukovsky and Andrei Tarkovsky.