On Friday 26 October 2018 in Moscow will host a conference on the theme: “the Orthodox teaching about the Church and the challenges of modernity”.
The purpose of the event is to stimulate discussion of the problems associated with distortion of Orthodox ecclesiology in the modern theology and the canonical crimes of the Patriarchate of Constantinople, and to offer ways of their decision.
The conference is organized by the Analytical center of St. Basil the Great. Are invited to participate in the clergy, experts
according to Canon law, Church history, theology, faculty and students of higher educational institutions, scientists and all Christians concerned relevant to modern Church issues.
Issues for consideration:
- One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic: the patristic doctrine of the Church and the attempts of its revision.
- The unity of the Church: a theological, historical and socio-political aspects.
- Evaluation of the theory and practice of ecumenism through the prism of the Orthodox dogma of the Church.
- Pan-Orthodox “pre-Council” (“Cathedral”) is the process in XX-XXI centuries: results, prognosis, alternative.
- The concept of external Church relations: what should be sent to the inter-Orthodox and inter-Christian cooperation?
- Ecclesiology of the Ecumenical Patriarchate as a threat to the Orthodox Church.
- The Patriarchate of Constantinople in the twentieth century and the project of destruction of Orthodox unity. Constantinople and the Diaspora. Problem mirawolf-Noy (pan-Orthodox) assessment and condemnation of the actions of Constantinople.
- The modernist doctrine of the Church as a “time bomb” modern Ukrainian problem.
- The project “Ukrainian autocephaly” and “single local Church” in Ukraine. Speculation about Thomas 1686 on the transfer of the Russian Church of the Kyivan Metropolitanate.
- The relevance of the Moscow response of Ferrara-Florence 1438-1439. and the decisions of the pan-Orthodox Meeting in 1948
Location: Bolshaya Serpukhovskaya, d. 24 (in the Church of the ascension), the metro station “Serpukhovskaya” or “Dobryninskaya”.
Start time: 18.00 (gathering from 17.30).
To participate in the round table should until October 25 to apply by email [email protected] or by phone +7 926 942-91-89.
For participation with the report required by 19 October to submit the application form attached.