- Boris Ekimov: Saturday
- Death can substitute God
- Death as a text message for alive 6 honest stories about caring
- We pray for the dead and cease to be alone in grief
- What about our dead? The thought of a priest after the crash of the An-148
The content of the article
- Saturday in 2018
- Saturday in 2018 falls on the following dates:
- Saturday in 2019 falls on the following dates:
- Saturday in 2020 fall on the following dates:
- Saturday in 2021 falls on the following dates:
- Understanding of universal human kinship according to the flesh must build towards understanding of relationship to God; the limited unity of the flesh – the reference point for the desire to find a universal unity in Christ.
- Death in the flesh – only the “intermediate station” on the way to a universal resurrection from the dead. The main point of a Requiem texts – overcoming in Christ’s death, in eternal aspiration to the universal Resurrection.
In this article You will learn what the numbers will be Orthodox Saturday in 2018. You will also learn about the meaning of this universal worship.
Saturday in 2018
Often these special days of remembrance of the dead called “Ecumenical parental Saturday”. This is incorrect. Universal funeral Saturday for two: meat-fare (Saturday, preceding the Week of the last judgment) and Trinity (Saturday before the feast of Pentecost, or called the feast of the Holy Trinity – the birthday of Christ’s Church).
The thrust of these “universal” (common to the entire Orthodox Church) funeral services of prayer for all primefocus Orthodox, regardless of their personal proximity to us. It is a matter of love, not dividing the world into friends and foes. The focus these days – all those United with us higher affinity – kinship in Christ, and especially to those who have none to remember.
Saturday in 2018 falls on the following dates:
- Ecumenical parental Saturday (Meatfare) February 10, 2018.
- Saturday 2nd week of lent – March 3, 2018.
- Saturday 3rd week of lent – March 10, 2018.
- Saturday 4th week of lent – March 17, 2018.
- The commemoration of the dead warriors – may 9, 2018.
- Radonitsa – April 17, 2018.
- The memory of Saint Nicholas in 2018 may 26, 2018.
- Demetrius Saturday – November 3, 2018.
Saturday in 2019 falls on the following dates:
- Ecumenical parental Saturday (Meatfare) – March 4, 2019.
- Saturday 2nd week of lent – March 23, 2019.
- Saturday 3rd week of lent – March 30, 2019.
- Saturday 4th week of lent – April 6, 2019.
- The commemoration of the dead warriors – may 9, 2019.
- Radonitsa – may 7, 2019.
- The memory of Saint Nicholas in 2019 June 15, 2019.
- Demetrius Saturday – November 2, 2019.
- Saturday in 2020 fall on the following dates:
- Ecumenical parental Saturday (Meatfare) – February 24, 2020.
- Saturday 2nd week of lent – March 14, 2020.
- Saturday 3rd week of lent – March 21, 2020.
- Saturday 4th week of lent – March 28, 2020.
- The commemoration of the dead warriors – may 9, 2020.
- Radonitsa – 28 APR 2020.
- The memory of Saint Nicholas in 2020 to 6 June 2020.
- Demetrius Saturday – October 31, 2020.
- Saturday in 2021 falls on the following dates:
- Ecumenical parental Saturday (Meatfare) – March 8, 2021.
- Saturday 2nd week of lent – March 27, 2021.
- Saturday 3rd week of lent – April 3, 2021.
- Saturday 4th week of lent – April 10, 2021.
- The commemoration of the dead warriors – may 9, 2021.
- Radonitsa – may 11, 2021.
- The memory of Saint Nicholas in 2021 19 June 2021.
- Demetrius Saturday – November 6, 2021.
See also – Demetrius Saturday: shoulder to shoulder
For remembrance we personally dear people, there are other Saturday. First and foremost, it is the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Saturdays of lent, and also installed in the Russian Orthodox Church Demetrius Saturday, which was originally intended to commemorate the soldiers who died in the battle of Kulikovo, but gradually became a General memorial day.
This memorial service falls on a Saturday, the preceding memory SV. Demetrius, the patron Saint of kN. Dmitry Donskoy, at whose suggestion after the battle of Kulikovo and was established a yearly commemoration of the soldiers. But over time the memory of the liberators had been pushed into the national consciousness, which is very unfortunate, and Demetrius memorial Saturday has become one of the “parent days.”
Why “parent”? After all, we remember not only parents but also other people, often no family ties with us are not related? For a variety of reasons. In the first place not even because parents are usually ahead of their children leave this world (and so, too, but this is not important), but because in General the primary duty of our prayer for our parents: out of all the people whose temporary life is over, we should, first of all those through whom we have this gift of life is received – parents and our ancestors.
Of course, the commemoration of the deads is not limited to a few days. Memorial services to serve you, with rare exceptions, all year round, but there are Sabbath days in which the Church urges all her children to unite in prayer for their dead. Let’s face it – we sometimes pozabavim to remember our dead, even on the prayer (of parents still remember, but the older I get, the more people who left a mark in our lives, and left this world, and our memory, on the contrary, weakens), I’m not talking about having to go to a Church and at a memorial service for them to file. That need are days when once more to postpone.
There is another aspect to memorial commemoration, reflected in the name of these Saturdays, “parent”: the tribal tradition, the ancestral links between the generations, the connection of the living and the dead, the relationship between the living, United by a common deceased ancestors, valid for the kind of personalities, events, memorable places. This aspect of the universal, pre-Christian, finding in the ancient mythological and ritual design in various pagan cults, reminiscences of which are still discernible in the “popular Orthodoxy.”
And it is very important on the one hand not to be confused with the Christian tradition woven into her pagan heritage, carefully identifying and removing the latter, on the other – to respect the parent Saturdays as a means of togetherness, precisely because the Christian tradition of all souls helps us to comprehend the unity of the human race in the heavenly Father, to the adoption Which we are all called.
People realize, “someone they” in the limited terms of close and distant relatives, are thinking (or at least, get a reason to think) about what happened in their family is worthy of acceptance and transfer, and that is worth remembering only in order to hereditary predisposition not to repeat.
However, this is only the beginning, the starting point is the realization of unity of the human race is descended from the progenitors created by God in His image and likeness.
Understanding of universal human kinship according to the flesh must build towards understanding of relationship to God; the limited unity of the flesh – the reference point for the desire to find a universal unity in Christ.
And if not, there is no question of Christian unity. This unity is pagan even if it is between people who belong to the Church of Christ. It is pagan in spirit.
Blood, family ties, national identity, geopolitical unity is fine, until it becomes a priority value and an end in itself. And the Orthodox faith, religion, Church as an institution izvodjaca then to the level of “chief state bonds,” which protect, Yes, but defending in the proper spirit, pagan, blasphemous using Orthodox paraphernalia, adjusting its principles under the absolutized value of the perishable world.
Saturday dedicated to our deceased people, ahead of us in the world repose from worldly to eternal life, remind us of one thing: our nation is God’s (first, on the origin of man, the essence of his divine nature, and secondly, kinship in Christ, in Whom we are baptized and endued with life according to His commandments, Obamas in the Sacraments), and our homeland is in heaven (Phil. 3:20), and all of the earth’s valuable in so far as it contributes to the healing of the soul, its transformation in the image Created (Col. 3:10).
Saturday is the last day of the week. Yes, the day finishing the septenary cycle, which begins Monday, as it is considered in everyday life, and resurrection, or “week,” Slavonic-the day when not doing anything. On the first day – the name of the whole week: “week”. Monday, respectively, on the first day of the week, Tuesday the second, etc., and Saturday (word, preserving the similarity with the Hebrew “Shabbat”) is the final day of the week, as it was in the old Testament era, the only difference is that “doing” was moved to “week”, i.e. on the Lord’s Day on Sunday. But in memory of Sabbath rest during this last, final, closing day of the week is accepted on Charter to commemorate the dead.
Saturday is the septenary cycle, but for this day – Sunday – the eighth (the number symbolizing eternity) relative to the previous Sunday – the first day. Here it is: from the Resurrection to the General Resurrection of all from the age of the deceased – all: righteous and sinful, believers and non-believers… for a different fate in eternity, depending on who was Christ for life (as once said by FR. Vladimir Tsvetkov: “We are at the last judgment will not be terrified and wonder”).
Death in the flesh – only the “intermediate station” on the way to a universal resurrection from the dead. The main point of a Requiem texts – overcoming in Christ’s death, in eternal aspiration to the universal Resurrection.
This meaning is underlined by the establishment of Demetrius Saturday, the original purpose of which – in caring for the souls of warriors who fell in battle for the dignity of life, understood in the light of the Revelation that dignity that one gains as being a image of God, resembling a feasible Prototype.
It would be good not to forget the original meaning of the establishment of this memorial Sabbath and a modicum of justified brought us a sacrifice, making efforts in becoming Christians, remembering that Christianity (the threat of which in Russia grew as the Islamization of the Horde), according to SVT. Basil the Great, is “assimilation to God in so far as it is possible for the nature of man.”
You read an article Saturday in 2018 | Funeral days. See also:
Radonitsa: the mystery, demanding respect
Radonitsa: the word after the memorial service