Orders of the Department of municipal property of Moscow on transfer of property:
— Russian Orthodox Church of objects of cultural heritage of Federal value “the Church of St. Sergius in Rogozhskaya, 1800-1838. Belfry, 1864”, is located at the address: Moscow, St. Nikoloyamskaya, d. 59. The order of March 29, 2018 No. 9496;
— The metochion of the Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia the temple of St. Sergius of Radonezh in Rogozhskaya Sloboda object of cultural heritage of regional value “the House of the clergy of the Church of St. venerable. Sergius of Radonezh in Rogozhskaya Yamskaya Sloboda, 1820-ies., 1870s” and the identified object of cultural heritage “Complex of buildings of the XIX century: the Church building of the XIX century”, located at: Moscow, ul Nikoloyamskaya, d. 57, p. 1 and 7. The order of April 16, 2018 No. 11583.
Reported Financial management.
The Church of St. Sergius (Trinity life-giving) in Rogozhskaya Sloboda is situated in the Tagansky district, Central administrative district of Moscow. The main altar was consecrated in honor of the Holy Trinity; the side-chapels — in honor of St. Sergius of Radonezh and St. Nicholas.
Temple of St. Sergius of Radonezh is situated in Nikoloyamskaya street. This street got its name from a temple of “Nicole in the Pits”. Wells called the mail station with a resting place for coachmen, Inns and stables. In 1595 Boris Godunov staged such a post station on the outposts.
From Rogozhskaya Yamskoy settlement the road goes to Vladimir and Nizhny Novgorod.
The first wooden Church of St. Sergius was built in the Rogozhskaya Yamskaya Sloboda in the early seventeenth century, and the first mention of a stone Church is dated to 1722. The main altar of the temple was consecrated in honor of the Holy Trinity.
The current building was built in 1818 by the parishioners. According to the memoirs, a significant part of his fortune invested in the construction by Councilor Gavriil Petrovich Smolianski, which was in this Church elder. His final appearance, the main volume of the temple was built in 1834-1838 after the reconstruction years, conducted by the architect F. M. Shestakov.
Modern three-tiered bell tower was built in 1864.
The Church interior was painted in 1876 by the icon painter A. S. Rogozhkin, and the latest frescoes date to the early twentieth century. In 1900, the interior of the temple was blagoustroena the architect by Barulinym.
In 1922, the temple was removed more than 5 pounds of silver utensils and other Church property. It is noteworthy that 1924, the Regent of the temple were well-known Church composer, priest Vasily Zinoviev.
Temple of St. Sergius was closed in 1938. Before closing out of the temple managed to save a few ancient icons. For example, the miraculous icon of the Mother of God “assuage My Sorrows” was given to the Church of St. Nicholas in Kuznetsy, where she is currently. However, most of the icons and all the Church furnishings were destroyed. Ancient icons and Church decoration was cut with axes and burned at the stake. The fire was also sent religious books and priceless notes for the blind.
In the following years the Shrine was used as workshop and warehouse. In the process of overexploitation of the building was heavily damaged. The walls and floor of the temple was covered with deep cracks and a thick layer of soot, and in its domes and the roofs were covered with small trees.
In 1985 the temple was located in the Spaso-Andronikov monastery, the Museum of ancient Russian culture and art named after Andrei Rublev. The building of the temple it was decided to arrange the exhibition of ancient ecclesiastical art. At the same time in the temple were started restoration work.
In 1991, the Church of St. Sergius was transferred to the Russian Orthodox Church. The Church was consecrated on 4 December 1991.
According to the website Wikipedia.ru